Combustible or Flammable Liquid Storage Tank Permit Requirements
All petroleum storage tanks (PST) installed within the City of Gonzales shall meet the requirements of the adopted codes and ordinances of the City of Gonzales, NFPA 30 2015 Edition, and TCEQ 30 TAC Chapter 334. Plans shall be submitted for review and a permit received prior to beginning any construction and/or installation.
☐Completed building permit application
☐Submittal of plans, plans must include:
- Tank description to include applicable design standards and listings, capacity, construction (single wall, etc.) tank material (steel, etc.) and data sheets for all devices attached to the tank
- Leak detection method
- Quantity and type of liquid to be stored
- Distances from tanks and dispensers to property lines and buildings
- Fire apparatus access
- Fire extinguisher location (min. 4A60BC)
- Vehicle impact protection
- Overfill prevention
- Spill containment
- Secondary containment
- Electrical systems
- Emergency controls
- NFPA 704 Labeling
☐Copy of License/Registration
- Contractor registration and Supervisor license (TCEQ)
- TCEQ license is not required for tanks that are exempt from regulation by the TCEQ. The submitting party must provide documentation supporting the declared exemption.
This page is intended as a guide and may not be completely exhaustive of all requirements. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Fire Marshal’s Office @ (830) 519-4270.