The City of Gonzales will field verify the site for the proposed accessory/ storage building and verify that the Code of Ordinance section 14.403 is followed:
Sec. 14.403 Multiple Structures on One Lot
(a) In any residential district permitting more than one structure housing an allowed or permitted use to be erected on a single lot, the requirements of the zoning district and the other requirements of this article must be met for each structure as though each structure were on an individual lot with the exception of accessory buildings.
(b) Should any structure be severed by sale from the other structures on the lot, the individual lot requirements of this article shall be met for the structure within each severance.
(c) Accessory Buildings General Requirements.
(1) No accessory building shall be allowed on any lot that does not have a principal structure located on the lot.
(2) Except as provided below, only one accessory building will be allowed on any lot, provided that the accessory building does not exceed the greater of 200 square feet or 2.0% of the calculated lot size, up to a maximum accessory building size of 2,500 square feet.
(3) On lots equal to or greater that two (2) acres, the total allowable accessory building square footage may be split into two accessory buildings.
(4) One additional accessory building used exclusively as a pool storage building (i.e., to house equipment and supplies necessary to operate and maintain an onsite swimming pool and for a toilet and/or shower) is permitted, provided the pool storage building has a maximum height of sixteen (16) feet, and a maximum area of one hundred (100) square feet for lots equal to one (1) acre or less in size and two hundred (200) square feet for lots exceeding one (1) acre in size.
(5) One additional accessory building used exclusively as a pump house (i.e., to house a pump and related equipment for sprinkling purposes) is permitted, provided the pump house has a maximum height of four (4) feet, and a maximum area of sixteen (16) square feet for lots equal to one (1) acre or less in size and thirty-six (36) square feet for lots exceeding one (1) acre in size.
(6) One additional accessory building used exclusively as a decorative gazebo is permitted, provided the gazebo has a maximum area of one hundred forty-four (144) square feet and a maximum height of twelve (12) feet. For purposes of this subsection, an accessory building will be deemed a gazebo only if a minimum of fifty percent (50%) of each sidewall is left open, and/or is covered only with either a screen or transparent glass.
(7) One additional accessory building up to 484 square feet is permitted on a lot when there is not an attached garage on the principal building.
(8) No accessory building or structure shall include residential or living quarters for human beings.